A journal for spiritual and not-so-spiritual thoughts, by Rev. Elizabeth Jones.
An Advent of Contemplative Practices
Day 0: November 27
Have you ever felt fragmented and off kilter? I have, a number of times in my life. To center myself, my mind and spirit, I have determined to journal every day.
I discovered an excellent prompt (or series of prompts) in the image of the Tree of Contemplative Practices. Thanks so much to the website http://www.contemplativemind.org for the genesis of this journal idea I will be doing a daily Advent discipline of journaling each day in Advent 2021.
Want to join me on my journaling journey?
In the past few decades, I have engaged in all of these prayer and contemplation practices. Contemplation, prayer and meditation help center and calm me. (The more active practices energize me!) See whether these practices might help you, too!
Elizabeth has been involved:
- as pastor at St. Luke's Christian Community Church, Morton Grove, Illinois
- in various ministry and prayer-related activities
- as a commissioned member in the Federation of Christian Ministries
- holds a Master of Divinity degree from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- holds a Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling in Illinois (IAODAPCA)
Elizabeth has ministered at churches, care centers and retirement communities. Her spiritual and theological training, experience and natural less-anxious presence allow her to bring strength and comfort to persons in need. Elizabeth is also a daughter and sister, a wife and mother, has four healthy, curious and strong-minded children in their teens, twenties, and thirties, and a loving husband who works as a senior editor at a trade publication in Chicago.
View all posts by chaplaineliza