A journal for spiritual and not-so-spiritual thoughts, by Rev. Elizabeth Jones.
Lent, Day 28: Fear
Day 28: Fear
When I think of fear, I can’t help but think of our cat #MaryTheCat. She strikes fear into the heart of any moth, spider or other flying thing that comes into our apartment! She keeps us safe from all pests. Thank you, Mary!
I know this day’s entry was rather humorous, but I am glad Jesus keeps me safe, too.
Elizabeth has been involved:
- as pastor at St. Luke's Christian Community Church, Morton Grove, Illinois
- in various ministry and prayer-related activities
- as a commissioned member in the Federation of Christian Ministries
- holds a Master of Divinity degree from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- holds a Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling in Illinois (IAODAPCA)
Elizabeth has ministered at churches, care centers and retirement communities. Her spiritual and theological training, experience and natural less-anxious presence allow her to bring strength and comfort to persons in need. Elizabeth is also a daughter and sister, a wife and mother, has four healthy, curious and strong-minded children in their teens, twenties, and thirties, and a loving husband who works as a senior editor at a trade publication in Chicago.
View all posts by chaplaineliza