A journal for spiritual and not-so-spiritual thoughts, by Rev. Elizabeth Jones.
Lent, Day 11: Holy
Day 11: Holy
The Greenstone United Methodist Church in historic Pullman (on the far south side of Chicago) stands as an inviting space, its interior high-ceilinged, warm and holy. Such a comfortable, welcoming place of worship. I experienced it as holy, indeed.
Elizabeth has been involved:
- as pastor at St. Luke's Christian Community Church, Morton Grove, Illinois
- in various ministry and prayer-related activities
- as a commissioned member in the Federation of Christian Ministries
- holds a Master of Divinity degree from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- holds a Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling in Illinois (IAODAPCA)
Elizabeth has ministered at churches, care centers and retirement communities. Her spiritual and theological training, experience and natural less-anxious presence allow her to bring strength and comfort to persons in need. Elizabeth is also a daughter and sister, a wife and mother, has four healthy, curious and strong-minded children in their teens, twenties, and thirties, and a loving husband who works as a senior editor at a trade publication in Chicago.
View all posts by chaplaineliza