A journal for spiritual and not-so-spiritual thoughts, by Rev. Elizabeth Jones.
Lent, Day 1: Perfect
I photographed these mock orange blossoms last spring near my church. Perfect memory of the large mock orange blossom bush behind my parents’ small brick house on the northwest side of Chicago. #LentenSnapshots2022
Dear Lord, help me to remember how You are perfect, how You are totally righteous, and wish to reconcile us to Yourself. (Especially on Ash Wednesday, when I really need to remember.) Amen.
Elizabeth has been involved:
- as pastor at St. Luke's Christian Community Church, Morton Grove, Illinois
- in various ministry and prayer-related activities
- as a commissioned member in the Federation of Christian Ministries
- holds a Master of Divinity degree from Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary
- holds a Certificate in Alcohol and Drug Counseling in Illinois (IAODAPCA)
Elizabeth has ministered at churches, care centers and retirement communities. Her spiritual and theological training, experience and natural less-anxious presence allow her to bring strength and comfort to persons in need. Elizabeth is also a daughter and sister, a wife and mother, has four healthy, curious and strong-minded children in their teens, twenties, and thirties, and a loving husband who works as a senior editor at a trade publication in Chicago.
View all posts by chaplaineliza